DBT Skills Level 1 & 2
A Life Worth Living
A Life Worth Loving
At The Fitzrovia Psychology Clinic we offer Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Skills Groups to complement individual DBT therapy sessions. There are two levels to our DBT skills group programme:
1. DBT Skills - Level 1: A Life Worth Living
2. DBT Skills - Level 2: A Life Worth Loving
Upon graduating from our first group, A Life Worth Living, we invite you to attend our second group, A Life Worth Loving. Our overall DBT skills group programme offers a series of practical tools and skills coaching designed to assist you in managing emotions, building resilience, learning to tolerate distress in healthier ways and building effective relationship skills.
The groups teach the necessary evidence-based skills to help you to manage problems with anger, suicidal and self-harming behaviours, episodic depression, irritability or anxiety, intense or chaotic relationships, impulsivity, stress and feelings of emptiness.
Across these groups we will cover 4 sets of skills:
- Learning to stop, reflect and stay in the moment
- Increasing self-awareness
Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
- Learning how to communicate with people effectively
- Learning to understand personal priorities in problem situations
- Learning how to understand emotions and how they affect behaviours
- Finding ways to feel less emotionally vulnerable and ways to increase helpful and pleasurable emotions
- Increase ability to tolerate feelings of distress and to cope more effectively in a crisis
- Learning how to reduce impulsive and self-harming behaviours
The groups usually consist of two facilitators and 10-12 individuals who will all be experiencing similar difficulties. The group meets on a weekly basis, for 90 minutes.
If you would like to know more about our DBT Skills Group programme or other treatments that we offer, please do not hesitate to contact us so that you can feel confident in any decisions you make about your treatment.