Our family workshop about Autism offers the opportunity to learn more about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Facilitated by a Clinical Psychologist and conducted in a safe group environment, we will support you to acquire the necessary understanding, skills and confidence to better support your loved one with ASD. In this course we will cover the following:
1. What is ASD, how does it manifest, and how does it change the way people see and experience the world?
2. What are the critical periods for a loved one with ASD?
3. How can I help my loved one to manage anxiety, behavioural, emotional and cognitive difficulties?
4. What environmental changes can I implement to help my loved one manage sensory difficulties?
5. How can I improve communication between myself and my loved one, so we can better understand and respond to each other's needs?
6. How can I support my loved one to develop greater social confidence to develop and maintain friendships?